Law Minister Hansraj Bhardwaj said “The cabinet has approved the 6th pay commission report,” but details are not available.
Here is summary from gconnect.in
- All recommendations for hike in salaries of civil and defence personnel accepted.
- The pay panel recommendations will come into effect from January 1, 2006.
- Arrears to be paid in two installments — 40 per cent this fiscal and 60 per cent in the next financial year,I&B Minister P R Dasmunsi said.
- Minimum entry level pay raised to Rs 7,000 from Rs 6,660 per month recommended by the Commission
- Financial implication of Pay Commission on General Budget Rs 15,700 crore; Rs 6400 crore on Railway Budget in 2008-09.
With this this minimum wage for Govt employee is going to be Rs. 10,000/month. The wage arrears are to be paid in two installments with 40% to be paid in FY 09 and remaining 60% in FY10.
Tags: 6th pay commission, pay commission, staffcorner.com, sixth pay commission news, staffcorner sixth pay commission reportCabinet approves recommendations of 6th Pay Commission- read more at gconnect.in