copy from windows to linux in simple way
drag and drop data/files from windows to linux
I was struggling to get the files from windows to Linux machine.
well there are number of ways to do that, here I am sharing a very simple way -ie drag and drop data/files from windows to Linux, that can be used by non-techie person also.
1. To get files from windows X machine to Linux Y machine, you need to know IP address of Linux machine. Assuming that you have write permission on Linux machine.
2. Now you are ready with files to copy on Linux Y machine, open my-computer , go to address bar and type ftp://126.96.36.199 this is Linux Y machine's IP address. Press enter.
3. You will not see any data here, right click and you can see login as, login with user name and password. or same can be found at, go to file login as and login to linux Y machine.
4. once you are login select the folder where you want to drag and drop the files from windows machine.
5. Now Drag files from windows machine and drop to Linux machine.
And you are done..